Friday, August 6, 2010

Weight Update: The Big One

Day 278

Well, it looks like good things come in threes.

Earlier this week I passed the 9 months meatless mark, then the meatless blog reached over 5,000 visits to and now it is time for a weight update. A very important weight update.

What makes this one so much more important compared to past weight updates?

Look at the following pictures and see...








That is right. As of yesterday, August 5th, 2010, I reached my weight loss goal of 147 lbs—actually, just below it at 146! That's a loss of 66 lbs since 11/2/10 which was just over 9 months ago!

The BMI range for my age, height and gender is 147 – 162 lbs. Like a kid who encounters a new swimming pool for the first time I just had to touch the bottom of the deep end just once—even if just for a day, even if just for five minutes!

I have done many diets over the years but never reached a weight loss goal. Now, by changing my eating habits (not doing dieting) and exercising I have made my weight loss goal a reality at long last!

And, once again, I want to thank you all for your support! To my blog readers for all the info and well wishes, Facebook friends who have positively commented on pictures of my weight loss results and friends and family who I see in person everyday and have seen the difference in how I look and let me know that I am on the right track for better health. Thank you all. It means so much to me.

Now enjoy some more pictures:







Talk to you soon!
meatlessman@yahoo.com
Facebook A Man Finally Eats his Veggies Fan Page
Meatless Man on Twitter
Meatless Man Channel on YouTube
All writing, videos and pictures copyright the author of this blog unless otherwise noted or, if really darn obvious.

4 comments:

  1. so whats your goal weight???

    ReplyDelete
  2. QP,

    It is in the entry! Go back and re-read it! How did you miss it? lol

    -MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration! Congratulations, you must feel so good about yourself. So, what is the next step? Now that you reached the goal, you don't feel tempted to push it any further? Will you keep blogging? How did you stay motivated? Do you miss eating meat? So, many questions! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingrid,

    Of course I will keep on blogging! This meatless year isn't over yet--and even after that I will stay meatless.

    As for all your other questions, please keep reading the blog! :)

    Tell your friends and spread the word about the blog. People can eat healthier if they make a true effort!

    -MM

    ReplyDelete