Friday, January 1, 2010

My New Year's 2010 Resolution , Part 1

Day 61

This is probably the most important entry I have written in this space since I started this blog back on November 2nd. I think it’s going to be a lot to digest for most people so I’ve broken it into two parts.

The two below video links have changed my recently altered eating habits even further. Don’t worry, I am not turning into a radical activist but the short films below have prompted me to change my meatless diet even more.

WARNING: If you are easily upset by violence towards animals, other acts of animal cruelty or gore then please don’t go to the below video links as you will find them quite upsetting. Feel free to skip the videos at the links and scroll down to the text after them.

Click on the links below to see the short films:

Meet your Meat

Glass Walls

Starting today, in addition to the meats I have already cut out for my meatless year (beef, pork, poultry, eggs and fish/seafood), I am now cutting out all dairy products too. No more milk, cheese, yogurt and such. I guess I’m going full vegan now. I’ll tell you more on this decision in the upcoming second part of “My New Year's 2010 Resolution”. Other than that, I will just let the above videos speak for themselves today.

I still wish you all a Happy New Year, even though it begins on such a dour note for me in the world of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment