Saturday, January 2, 2010

My New Year’s 2010 Resolution , Part 2: Moment of Clarity

Day 62

In yesterday’s entry I posted some links to a few short PETA films and announced that my meatless year now includes not eating dairy products in addition to the beef, pork, poultry, eggs, fish/seafood I gave up when I started this experiment on November 2nd.

Watching Meet your Meat on New Year’s Eve day made me fully realize just how much we make animals suffer when we raise them to grace our dinner plates. What I saw deeply saddened me, especially when I noticed that the cows in the video seemed to have sad eyes that have reminded me of many pets I’ve owned over the years.

I guess I now have more reasons to go meatless for the year. Maybe I will even be meatless for life now. I never thought I would go meatless until a few months ago and certainly not vegan!

Times change.

For those of you who are new readers to this blog and still don’t quite understand why I started going meatless in the first place please click here for the very first entry.

Lastly, today is officially the two month mark. Meatless for two months and so far I have shed 14 lbs. Let’s see if I can keep up the good work throughout 2010.

Talk to you soon!
meatlessman@yahoo.com
Facebook A Man Finally Eats his Veggies Fan Page
All writing and pictures copyright the author of this blog unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment