Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another Y Presentation

Days 131 - 133

Last weekend I did another presentation for the weight loss group at my local YMCA. This time I told them about the unhealthy eating habits I used to have.

I was feeling very tired that day from munching on candy and downing a Red Bull the day before. I pointed this out and one of the people in the group labeled it a “sugar hangover”.

Sugar hangover is the perfect way to state it. One of the things I have noticed since going meatless and balancing my diet is that if I eat junk food, particularly very processed junk food, I feel sluggish and a bit crappy for about 24 hours after—almost like a regular hangover but without the nausea or severe headache.

My body responds better to healthy foods and I can certainly feel it. I guess even a little bad stuff can go a long way to weighing my system down.


P.S. On a totally unrelated note, don't forget to vote in the current poll on the sidebar, "Are zoos as a whole good or bad for animals?", which ends tonight!

Talk to you soon!
meatlessman@yahoo.com
Facebook A Man Finally Eats his Veggies Fan Page
Meatless Man on Twitter
Meatless Man Channel on YouTube
All writing, videos and pictures copyright the author of this blog unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment