Monday, April 19, 2010

A Tea Party to Protest Against my Own Spending

Day 169

Happy Patriots' Day!

What was one of the earliest acts of patriotism in America?

Yesterday, I had a tea party of my own, of sorts. It was the ritual of buying green tea at a price that would not make my wallet feel violated.

I find that Stop & Shop is the best place to do this and made my first stop in the health food section where I found some Nature’s Promise green tea for $2.69 a box. Not bad but I had a feeling I could do better.

I then proceeded to the coffee/tea aisle proper and did indeed much better prices there:

I ended up getting one box of herbal wellness green tea at $1.99 and four boxes of Salada green tea at $2.00 a box. Much better than the Nature’s Promise price.

All in all I paid a total of $9.99 for five boxes (100 individual teabags) which averages out to .09 cents per serving. I love that something that is tasty and good for you (think antioxidants people) is just under 10 cents a cup. That is much cheaper than buying coffee pods for my single serve coffee maker and I can make a box of tea last much longer than a bag of those pods too.

Talk to you soon!
meatlessman@yahoo.com
Facebook A Man Finally Eats his Veggies Fan Page
Meatless Man on Twitter
Meatless Man Channel on YouTube
All writing, videos and pictures copyright the author of this blog unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment