Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Y is my Home Away from Home.

Day 167

Since mid-December, I have been working out at my local YMCA and it has helped further my body along in its healthy transformation. Not only do I go there to workout, I go there to relax and get away from life in the outside world. Most of the people I know there are people I only know from my daily Y visits and no other areas of my life.

I do cardio seven days a week and Nautilus three (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays). Since I am there everyday, I think I will do Nautilus every other day starting tomorrow. This will make it either three or four times a week depending on where the Nautilus workout days fall during a particular week.

Nautilus has been a part of my workout for exactly eight weeks now and already I have been seeing results. My chest is beginning to develop a vertical center ripple and my midsection is slimming down. Over these past eight weeks I learned more and more machines, so if I am getting these results in just eight weeks doing them three times a week without doing the whole room of machines until just two weeks ago, imagine how I will look in eight more weeks, going three to four times a week using every Nautilus machine in the room.

I have spoken about my meatless year project to a weight loss group at the Y twice and now I am giving back even more. Today I started volunteering on Saturday mornings at the Y’s front desk. I figure it’s a great way to occupy my time and even put some more experience on my resume under the “other” section.

Today from 9 am to 1 pm I answered phones, greeted Y guests, set training appointments all from this point of view:


That’s my coffee in the picture of course. I think that was my second of the three cups I had today. Coffee always makes the time pass faster but I didn’t need it in the positive, relaxing atmosphere of the Greenfield YMCA.

Talk to you soon!
meatlessman@yahoo.com
Facebook A Man Finally Eats his Veggies Fan Page
Meatless Man on Twitter
Meatless Man Channel on YouTube
All writing, videos and pictures copyright the author of this blog unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment