Friday, April 30, 2010

The Wall

Days 179 & 180

When I started my meatless experiment back on November 2nd, my brother warned me of “The Wall”:


No, not the one he meant. That’s the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington D.C.



No, not that one either. That is “The Wall”, one of the best-selling double albums of all time by progressive rock band Pink Floyd.


NO! That is Amanda Waller, a fictional character from comic books and TV who is sometimes referred to as, “The Wall” for her stubborn refusal to back down.

The “wall” my brother was referring to was the point one reaches in a diet, exercise routine, or new set of eating habits where things seems to be slowing down or not progressing anymore.

Right now, my weight is fluctuating between 163 and 166. I haven’t quite lost 50 lbs yet. My weight behavior as of late could be a result of putting on some muscle as a result of my first nine weeks of Nautilus weight training. I think pretty soon my body will adjust and the weight loss will show again.

“The Wall” also refers to the point where eating habits may become too repetitive and, therefore, start to become boring. Well, I think I have done a good job of mixing up what I eat by trying different kinds of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and meat substitutes.

Just last night I made myself some meatless soft tacos with a package of Morningstar Farms Meal Starters, shredded cheese, taco seasoning, whole grain tortillas and salsa. It tasted just like the real thing!

That’s why I think I ate too much of them. That, and my meals have become more spaced out lately. The more you wait between meals, the chances that you will overeat at one go up. Small in between meal snacks, such as sliced apples with chopped walnuts, can help tide one over until lunch or dinnertime.

So let’s see…continue to workout regularlymix up the variety of my foodsdon’t wait so long in between eating.

Okay, I think this “Wall” concept is beaten!

P.S. This entry also marks my 100th Tweet on Twitter! You can find me on there at http://twitter.com/MeatlessYear.

Talk to you soon!
meatlessman@yahoo.com
Facebook A Man Finally Eats his Veggies Fan Page
Meatless Man on Twitter
Meatless Man Channel on YouTube
All writing, videos and pictures copyright the author of this blog unless otherwise noted.


No comments:

Post a Comment