Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

Days 97 and 98

In Thursday’s entry I posted a PETA ad that was banned from last year’s Super Bowl.

Even though I did refer to it as the “best commercial ever” I can certainly see why it was banned from Super Bowl XLIII. It’s a very racy ad and keep in mind that people of all ages gather around the tube to watch the most popular football game of the year. Sure, some adults may find the commercial entertaining but do they want to subject their kids to it?

Even though I found the commercial to be, ahem, attractive and I so want to believe that vegetarians do have better sex, there was no research or specific study cited in the ad to back up that particular claim—something that I think very much took away from what they were trying to say with the advertisement.

And again, yes, I loved the commercial for the overall sexiness of it but without cited evidence for what it claims I am on the fence for what the overall statement of it is. This is probably the reason why am not an outright PETA supporter and am on the fence about them too. Just stating something doesn't make it true. One must back it up with evidence too.

I do recommend this article for further reading on this particular issue.

What do the rest of you think about it? Please let me know in the comments section and…

HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!

Talk to you soon!
meatlessman@yahoo.com
Facebook A Man Finally Eats his Veggies Fan Page
Meatless Man on Twitter
Meatless Man Channel on YouTube
All writing, videos and pictures copyright the author of this blog unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment